Thursday, May 19, 2011

Free lightbulb hat Pattern

I thought I would give you guys a pattern I made up :) 






P.S. This is my FIRST pattern ever, so please tell me if there are any mistakes.



I made this pattern up COMPLETELY myself one day while I was bored. Please **DO NOT** claim to have made this pattern. You **are** allowed to sell the finished product, as long as you give credit to me. Thank you. :)


P.S. This is my FIRST pattern ever, so please tell me if there are any mistakes.


Materials
I used worsted weight yarn but whatever works for you.
I used cotton and acrylic which I know is bad but whatever :)
5.00 mm hook
7 different colors of yarn, less then a ball each


Size: average adult head, maybe a little smaller
 Gauge: I didn't measure haha :)


This pattern assumes you know how to:


single crochet, double crochet, decrease, and work in the round


With yellow: Ch 2


R1: five sc into 2nd ch from hook


R2: 2 sc into each st around (10)


R3: 2 sc into each st around (20)

R4-6: sc around

R7: *sc 2, dec* repeat from * all the way around (16)

R8 & 9: sc around

R10: *sc 2, dec* repeat from * all the way around (11)

R11 & 12: sc around

R13: *sc 2, dec* repeat from * all the way around (9)

Change to grey

R14: with grey, 2 sc in each st around (18)

R15: 2 sc in each st around (36)

R16: sc around

At this point, turn work inside out

R17: *sc 1, 2 sc in next st* repeat from * all the way around (53)

R18: sc around

R19-20: with 3rd color, sc around

R21: *sc 5, 2 sc in next st* repeat from * all the way around (62)

Switch back to main color

R22-23: sc around

R24: *sc 10 st, then with yellow, 5 dc in 11t st* repeat from * around (82)

R25: sc around

This is the sweet spot, place the hat on your head and if it covers the crown of your head, then you are good, if not, *sc 7, 2 sc in 8th st* repeat around from * around

R26-27: take your 4th color and sc around

R28-30: dc with main color around

R31: dc with 5th color around

R32-39: dc with main color around

R40-41: dc with 6th color around

R42: LAST ROW!! dc with 7th color around.

YOU ARE DONE :) weave in loose ends, stuff lightbulb and try it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment